Voting

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Magnolia Tree

I recently did a post about a Woman named Mrs. High. She had a large & beautiful Magnolia Tree in her yard. They could be messy, but they were pretty & had a pleasant smell as I recall.

My mother shared with me recently that Mrs. High's daughters decided it was time to remove the tree. They are preparing to possibly sell the house & the tree was large enough that the view of the house was blocked. I know next time we visit I will miss seeing it & smelling the flowers. I felt a sense of loss as I thought about it.

Fast forward a few weeks... Bryan & I received a letter from UNT Health Science Center. They were inviting us to a ceremony in honor of their donors. Our mother, Miriam, was a body donor. The TCOM Class of 2012 dedicated a Magnolia Tree on the campus to honor all the donors! I felt it was very thoughtful of the student body to acknowledge the donors in this way.

I received a extra blessing from God in that our loved one was honored & we have a new magnolia tree to enjoy! Only God could orchestrate these events in this way! Thank you God for blessing me with a new Magnolia tree in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great comments Dawn. And thanks for taking me to see the new tree!
Lee :)